Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

"Dear children! I implore you, especialy at this lenten time, to respond to God's goodness because He chose you and sent me among you. Be purified of sins and in Jesus, my Son, recognize the sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the entire world. May He be the meaning of your life and may your life become service to the Divine love of my Son. Thank you my children!"

According to Mirjana, Our Lady blessed all those present and all the religious articles brought for blessing. She called us anew to pray for our shepards.

Special thanks to Mirjana's translator, Miki Musa, for providing us with the message. :D
By Covenant
I find this message interesting, especially so because I was arguing the completeness of Christ's sacrifice on Calvary on another thread.

"Be purified of sins and in Jesus, my Son, recognize the sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the entire world"

We are sinners in need of salvation, and Jesus Christ's act of atonement on the Cross paid the price for all of us, and all people on earth.

He sacrificed Himself that we might be purified; let us surrender our impurities and sins to Him and become healed, pure and whole.

The phrase, "may your life become service to the Divine love of my Son" echoes what Pope Benedict XVI said to the youth in a message the other day. The Pope called on young people to "together to build a civilization of Love".

To do this, the Pope says, requires close examination:

"Honest and sincere thought is needed, an examination of conscience ... to distinguish between that which builds the 'civilization of love,' according to the design revealed by Jesus Christ, and that which opposes it."

That's the key: "according to the design revealed by Jesus Christ".

We have to implement the Gospel, without qualifications, without watering it down. The Gospel can sometimes be "tough love", but its REAL LOVE.

Today if you spread the message of love, you can be labeled "sexist" for opposing abortion on demand or "bigoted" for opposing gay marriage and adoption.

But as Jesus said, the sign of love is if you "keep my commandments". Love means obedience and commitment. Love means effort.

This message reminds me so much of the late and great Pope John Paul II, whose life was a testament to the love of Jesus Christ. He proclaimed the Gospel to the whole world, without fear, without compromise. And he said repeatedly that the Cross, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was greater than all the sin and evil in the world.

And when John Paul died, he appeared beside Our Lady to the visionary Ivan. The Pope looked as he did in the 1980s: youthful again, no longer bowed by age or illness. And the joy on John Paul's face was immense: he had run the race, he had fought the good fight, and he had achieved his goal.

What a message, and what an example in John Paul II!
By Maypop
I like this message and the one on 25th. She wants us to pray for those who do not know the love of God. I think the message on the second she is also asking us to really look at the sacrifices Christ made for our redemption and to follow him (his cross). The more we know, the more responsibility we have to pray for others and do penence for ourselves and others who do not know Christ or ignorantly abuse him. Most importantly we are to pray for his shepards as they are responsible for so many souls and are attacked the most by you no who because of this fact.
Pray pray pray
By Covenant
Add to that her message on the 22nd to 'pray before the crucifix' for 'at least 10 minutes', and you can see a definite theme: we need to focus on Christ crucified.
By Maypop
Amen
By Maypop
I think nothing is more humbling to the soul than to really realize what he suffered for each of our sins.

I think it also hurt him more coming from those who knew better or are indifferent and lukewarm. <---Although that can easily happen to anyone.

Peace and may God bless you,
Maypop
By gabrielListens
"... I implore you, especially at this lenten time, to respond to God's goodness......May He be the meaning of your life and may your life become service to the Divine love of my Son. Thank you my children!"

I find this very interesting. I am not calling attention to myself or even taking credit for choosing the scripture of the day which I sometimes post in the Miscellaneous forum but Our Lady's message seems like it is along the same lines as the scripture I posted on Sunday March 1:

People may think they are doing what is right, but the Lord examines the heart.
The Lord is more pleased when we do what is just and right than when we give him sacrifices.

Proverbs 21:2-3 (NLT)

It gives me great pleasure to think that maybe the scripture of the day was really chosen by Our Blessed Mother after all.
By Hopper
I heard something on the radio this morning while driving into work - a story - I don't know if it was true or - just one made up to get the point across.

Anyway this man who operates a draw bridge for when trains are coming - was lowering the bridge one day for a train full of passengers. As the bridge was being lowered his son got caught in the gears. He had to make a split decision as to what to do. If he stopped the machinery to save his son - the train full of people would have fallen off and into the water and died by the crash and of course the water.

So he continued to let the bridge lower while his son was crushed to death and the people in the train not knowing what sacrifice he had just made waved and smiled happily at him as they passed by.

What it cost God and what it cost the Son of God to save us?!!! and sometimes we forget this and go on our way. This story really struck me today.

"Dear children! I implore you, especialy at this lenten time, to respond to God's goodness because He chose you and sent me among you. Be purified of sins and in Jesus, my Son, recognize the sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the entire world. May He be the meaning of your life and may your life become service to the Divine love of my Son. Thank you my children!"
By OnASpiritualJourney2
What great insights into the messages we have been given lately.

Hopper thank you for sharing that story. Fortunately it is just a story, but one that well illustrates our Father's tremendous love and sacrifice for us. At times, how oblivious I have been to that just like the passengers on the train. I was horrified that it may be true, so I had to look it up on the web! Found a website with a slightly different version, but same basic idea: http://www.snopes.com/glurge/drawbridge.asp

As far as the praying we are asked to do for others who do not believe, I think of - to those who have been given much, much is expected. Not the exact words, but the more we come to know about God's love for us, the more we have to pray and work to spread that others.
By starbright
May He be the meaning of your life and may your life become service to the Divine love of my Son.
I keep praying for a vocation: well, here it is!!
By mcikath
Hi I hope i am not going away from the Medjugorje Message, by putting this on this thread, but i just read the message that was left by Jesus to "Anne" the lay apostle, and it was all about love --the whole of the message, isnt that strange? love and peace mcikath xxx

I really miss reading the updates and discussion o[…]